Setting Up the Voucher
- Create a physical stock item by going to Settings and then Setup and Stock. Call the stock item Gift Voucher, and give it a price of £0.00.
Selling the Voucher
- Open the patient record of the patient that wishes to buy the voucher (If it is not a current patient, you could either register them, or set up a 'Voucher Sales' patient, to record the sales against).
- On the Account Tab select Add New which will bring up the Quick Bill Screen
- Type 'Gift Voucher' into the box beside 'Add New Item', and select it from the drop down list
- Click the button for 'Edit' and change the price from 0.00 to the value of the voucher you are selling and click apply
- Accept your payment as normal
Redeeming the Voucher
- At the point when a patient wished to redeem a voucher after an appointment, you will need to complete the appointment as normal, but then instead of accepting cash, cheque or card payment, choose the option for Go To Invoice and Do More
- When the invoice has opened choose More Actions and then Create Credit Note
- Choose to Credit Part of the Amount of the Invoice and in the Total Box alongside the billing item please enter the value of the voucher being used
- This will now credit the invoice